Movers and Packers Tips You Should Know While Shifting Home
Movers and Packers tips from a pro.
Probably you have a bad experience about your previous relocation. Whether your last move was across the city or across the street or across the country, it probably was stressful and ended with just two simple words: “Never again!”
But always you don’t have the opulence of staying in the same place for lifetime. Sooner or later, again you will find yourself encircled by cardboard boxes and packing tape.
Don’t lose hope.
Here, in this article you’ll learn how to hire a professional movers or how to move by yourself by packing your entire belongings properly, and do it all with relative effortlessness.
Take this Movers and Packers Tips and maybe the two words that end your next move will be, simply, “I’m home.”
Choosing a Mover
Of course, there is hundreds way to move. Depending of your home size, move distance, your budget, and time frame you have to get yourself situated.
You might choose to
- rent a moving truck and move it by yourself.
- hire a professional mover to do the job for you.
- or use a “you pack; we drive” service.
- Lets walk through with me, here’s the details moving tips on each option.
Do it yourself
Do you have any experience driving a heavy moving truck on busy highways and narrow streets?
Are you going to move a fairly small apartment and have a few strong, very good friends who are able to help you, you can recruit?
If so, moving by yourself might be a good and an economical option for you, since you’re not paying for a professional mover to load and unload and drive your stuff. It’s also the option that gives you the most control on your move.
You have to be aware of hidden costs, such as insurance for the rental moving truck (your auto policy probably doesn’t cover this, and neither will the credit card you rent the moving truck with), fuel and the rental or purchase of special equipment you’ll need, like dollies and quilted furniture covers.
If you choose midweek or mid month to move you might get better rates for rent your moving truck. As soon as you have an exact moving date reserve the moving truck as far in advance as possible.
You pack and load; they drive.
Bengal Movers and Packers will move you any distance, but short distance moves are comparatively expensive because certain minimum charges may apply in this case. Both services deliver a trailer or a van to your house, where you load it. We then provide a professional driver for your moving truck, who will takes your belongings to your new place, where you unload them.
This option is less expensive and you get a relief to drive a heavy moving truck on a busy or narrow street. Keep in mind that actual charges will be higher if you exceed your estimated load.
Hiring a full-service mover.
If you are in a tight time-frame and you can’t take such type of afford to getting from here to there, you have lot of belongings and you are moving a long distance.
Hiring a professional movers in Dhaka is the best option for you.
Professional movers are organized have the experience, staff and equipment to move you smoothly within your time frame, while avoiding damage to your property.
If you are moving heavy appliances “The first thing we do is protect the property by putting down floor runners, covering railings and doors, and putting down floorboard”.
Professional movers will even pack every single item for you to protect them from scratch or big damage ― If you have a very tight schedule to move, a convenience that can be worth the additional cost 20 to 30 percent of the price of your move.
In our another article we discussed about why you should avoid unorganized movers for home or office goods shifting.
Best Movers and Packers Tips You Should Follow
Are you searching some good advice and some effective packing and moving tips from the expert mover for a successful home shifting?
You are lucky!
We’ve spent several years in this industry gather knowledge on packing and moving.
Here you learn some important tips and tricks to reduce your cost and time also have some good moving experience!
Moving Tips for Safe Home or Office Move
- Book your reservation for professional movers two to four weeks before your move day.
- For large devices be sure you have checked owner’s manuals to see if there are special instructions for moving.
- Don’t try to get rid of your child’s favorite items before the move – even if it makes it easier. Kids sometimes have a hard time dealing with the change of the move itself.
- By law, a moving company can’t transport hazardous materials such as gasoline, bottled gases and other flammables, ammunition and explosives.
- Essential items pack in a box and marked that you will need immediately after the move and make sure it’s the last thing added to the moving truck.
- When you decide to move as soon as possible Clean out closets, the attic, and the basement also.
- Before you move make a “ survival closet” of items for the last cleanup – broom, dust cloth, dust pan, mop.
Schedule disconnect times for about a week before your move day.
- About a week before Inform your cable, phone, internet and others utility service provider to disconnect one day before your move.
- About a week before move stop your newspapers, cable, pest control, cleaning help, lawn services.
- Mail in your change of address forms to your office, bank, insurance company, neighbor, colleagues, relatives about week before your move date.
- Before you move out disconnect and clean your stove.
- Defrost the fridge the day before your move.
- Make sure that on move day you have enough cash in your hand to avoid extra hustle.
- Before your busy move day don’t forget to say goodbye to neighbors and friends by taking time.
- If you are going to move by yourself or with the help of friends and family, have a back-up plan if they don’t show packing expertise.
Packing Tips for Safe Home or Office Move
- Keep in mind try to do individual box for individual room. So that you can unpack them easily.
- To make closet easier to pack use wardrobe boxes. You can use suitcases for cloths in drawers.
- Keep in mind the heavier the item the smallest the box. Use small boxes for heavier items like book, crockery.
- To wrap fine china always use newspaper without print. Don’t use printed one to wrap them.
- When you pack always try to stack dishes upwards.
- Use separate marked boxes for essential and important documents including: health record of your child’s, family record, passports, bank, insurance information’s and your photo albums Pack important and sentimental documents to be easily accessible.
- Never use cheap box to pack. Never use supermarket or food boxes to pack. These boxes are not strong enough to support your possessions.
- If you use used boxes for pack make sure the boxes are strong enough to support your possessions.
- Always use packing tape. Avoid to use duct tape.
- Put labels clearly on top and side of the boxes.
- When you dissemble furniture’s and other items make sure you have collected all parts and make sure to tape to the main base, so that you wont lose any important parts.
- Use bubble wrap to pack all electronic devices or use their original boxes.
- When you start packing don’t be hurry. Packing is a art.
- When you are pack or unpack any breakable items use padded surface.
- Never use topless boxes for packing. Without tops of boxes quite impossible to stack properly in moving truck.
- When pack fine china and clothing use custom-designed boxes.
You may also Interested on some other Movers and Packers Tips: